General Manager, Treasury for an Islamic Bank in Kuwait
Our client, one of the most progressive Retail Islamic banks in Kuwait mandated Madison Pearl as a Search provider for its Top management overhaul after Boston Consulting Group advised the Board of our search expertise.
Initially, we successfully placed senior members in the team such as GM, Head of Retail and Head of Human Resources. After becoming a trusted partner the new management gave us a particularly challenging search to recruit their GM and Head of Treasury who would hold a pivotal position in the bank and need to restructure the department and put in a new strategy that would align with the bank’s 5 year plan.
Snapshot of the search process:
- Post discussion with the Head of HR, we agreed to identify Heads of Treasury and senior Treasurers working with Conventional as well as Islamic Banks in the GCC with sizeable balance sheets focused on the retail business.
- Preference was for candidates either currently based in Kuwait or having previous Kuwait market experience.
- Post initial qualifications, we prepared a longlist of candidates that were approached, screened and refined based on key competencies.
- In-depth interviews were conducted with selected candidates and a shortlist of the strongest 5 candidates was presented.
- The client was extremely satisfied with our comprehensive search process, quality of profiles presented and offered one of our preferred candidate who had previously worked for National Bank of Kuwait, one of the top banks in the region.
- This position was successfully closed with the candidate taking charge of the position in the bank in September 2016.