- Bachelor s degree in a related technical field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in risk management and Basel.
- Knowledge of ops risk management, regulatory, compliance risk management, Basel guidelines and market risk.
- Lead the development of policies, KPIs and framework for risk management to be implemented within the bank and minimize potential losses, ensuring compliance with UAE Central Bank.
- Lead the development of ERM strategy (including the annual Risk Appetite Statement for the Bank) and associated risk management goals to be implemented across the bank.
- Lead the stress testing for the bank, as well as the ICAAP and external risk disclosures.
- Develops the overall plan for the fulfilment of all Basel related regulatory requirements within the stipulated timelines and ensure its effective implementation.
- Monitor the operations of the bank to ensure the business is done as per the established standards and is compliant with the regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates information collection across other Risk Departments, lead report preparation highlighting key factors for submission to the UAE Central Bank to ensure the provision of necessary information.
- Identifies weaknesses and proposes enhancements to improve risk assessment practices or controls and identification of emerging risk issues.
- Leads the review of risk profiles, including portfolio reviews to assess the performance and recommend strategies for enhancement.
- Manages IFRS9 related activities as part of the governance process.
- Presents monthly trend and portfolio management analysis via defined reports and participates on credit risk governance meetings.
- Provides inputs to the bank's leadership team on all related activities in areas related to Risk Governance and ERM in order to support management decision making.
*ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED*