Our client, a leading banking institution is looking for a Chief Risk Officer to implement and develop the bank wide risk framework. The ideal candidate would be familiar with risk management and compliance.
- 15 years in Risk Management, 10 of which in a senior capacity, preferably within a prominent banking environment.
- Must be an excellent communicator with the natural ability to influence and collaborate.
- Must have significant experience within risk and compliance.
- Knowledge of Shari’ah compliant products would be an advantage but not essential.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Responsible to oversee, facilitate & coordinate all risk related topics across the business, especially the business risks stemming from all the trading activities and Market.
- Manages & produce all risk management reporting, communicate with all internal & external stakeholders.
- Implement, maintain and update the risk and compliance framework that will include: Risk policies & procedures, Risk appetite & limits, Risk methodologies, key risk indicators.
- Produce accurate & timely reporting to the Board, Executive Management & all concerned Department Heads as well as advising on key market & business risk trends.