Our client is an elite white shoe firm with a global reputation and well established offices in Dubai. This role came to light following a strategy meeting with the Managing Partner. Due to the growing transactions across the corporate sector it was vital to gain an extra pair of senior hands with a portable book of business worth USD $2,000,000.
This was a contingent search given to us directly from the Managing Partner and was the only search firm working on the role due to the confidentiality of the role along with the size of the market in terms of partners with this size of portable business. We mapped the market out focusing predominantly on the Magic Circle and other US firms within the region. We presented a shortlist within a month.
Snapshot of the search process:
- Madison Pearl was mandated to source a corporate partner based in the UAE to join the US firm in Dubai to transfer their portable book and assist with the growth of the corporate practice.
- The search targeted specific individuals with regional exposure and a reputation in the market so only those at other magic circle firms and US firms were shortlisted, met and shortlisted. A solid business plan was drawn up throughout the process to present to the global partners based in the head quarters.
- These partners came from firms within Dubai and Abu Dhabi due to the essential requirements across the corporate sector and the prerequisite of regional experience.
- A shortlist was provided within 1 month. 3 candidates matched each requirement and commenced the four stages of interviewing within a week.
- After numerous telephone interviews and four stages of interviews globally within 4 months of the role been presented an offer was made to the candidate with the view to start upon negotiation of their current contract.